HOW CAN “TELE-REHAB” HELP ME?
Many interventions and modalities can be provided virtually, including but not limited to;
- Initial assessment (asking you questions about your injury or condition, observing movement patterns, and going through special tests that you can perform), ongoing re-assessments to monitor progress including use of many assessment tools available in software and apps
- Exercise prescription, supervised therapeutic exercise and appropriate progressions
- Instruction in the proper use of home based modalities and their application
- Self-administered techniques such as soft tissue massage or frictions, use of foam roller and massage balls under the direction of the physiotherapist (how to perform the technique properly and at what intensity and frequency)
- Self-management support – for patients and caregivers!
- education, coaching and reassurance
- teaching family and caregivers how to assist in performing stretches or exercises
- Assessment of how patients are functioning and adapting in home environments including;
- falls risk
- functional/activities of daily living
- donning and removal
- fit assessment
No, you do not need a doctor’s referral to be seen by a physiotherapist – whether your appointments are delivered on-line through “tele-rehab”, or in-person in a clinic. However, a referral may be required by your extended health benefits provider for repayment. Please call your provider prior to your initial assessment to ask if you are unsure. South City Physiotherapy offers direct billing for most health care providers.
Is “Tele-Rehab” covered by my health insurance provider?
Sun Life and several other providers have confirmed that they will cover Tele-Rehab sessions. If you have been in a Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA), tele-rehab sessions will be covered under your car insurance policy. Please contact your insurance company or South City for assistance in determining your coverage.
No, but you will need either a cell phone, tablet, laptop (with a camera), or desktop computer with a webcam. (your physiotherapist must be able to see you to conduct an effective consultation).
Once you have book your appointment for a consultation, we will send you a link one day before, and a reminder 10 minutes prior to your appointment. All you have to do is click on the link, and you will be connected to your appointment.
Your physiotherapist will begin by discussing your medical history, as well as your current issues and symptoms.
YES! South City’s platform is both HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) and PIPEDA (Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act) compliant. To further protect your privacy, South City does not record “tele-rehab” consultations.
If you are still uncertain that a “Tele-Rehab” consultation is going to work for you, please click the “Request an Appointment” button below. That does not obligate you to book an appointment, but someone will from the clinic will contact you and provide further information to help with your decision.