South City Physiotherapy is pleased to offer our community the benefits of osteopathic treatment. Osteopathy is the study of the human body as it functions in health and disease. Osteopathy views the individual as a whole unit, it assesses and treats movement restrictions in your body tissues that prevent you from feeling and functioning at your best. It focuses on the cause of pain and dysfunction rather than concentrating only on the symptoms. Osteopathic palpation is a refined sense of touch that allows the practitioner to feel restrictions within the body.
Osteopathic treatment is a hands-on, non-invasive approach that encourages and stimulates the body to heal and repair itself by increasing circulation and realigning the body’s structures.
Benefits of Osteopathic treatment to name a few include;
• Removes the underlying cause of pain relieving muscle and joint pain and increasing joint range of motion.
• Relieves chronic pain; joint stress, body tension including headaches and migraines.
• Helps the body adjust to changes in hormonal levels, as well as structural changes experienced during pregnancy.
• Treats trauma experienced from motor vehicle accidents and sport injuries.
• Reduces scars and adhesions resulting from injuries or surgical procedures.
Come in for a consultation to see how Osteopathy can maintain your good health throughout all stages of life.